Do you get frustrated making your way in the dark to the bathroom at night, hoping you don’t trip over anything in your sleepy state but not wanting to turn on a light and blind yourself for a few painful minutes? Want to be able to tell if the toilet seat has been left in the right position by the previous user? Then a glow in the dark toilet seat solution may be just what you need.
There are several styles of glow in the dark toilet seats, lids, and lights, perfect for kids, seniors or anyone who needs to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. Some types have a soft nightlight attached, and some light up the entire seat. Have a look at the top choices of over the toilet lighting below to find the one that best fits your bathroom needs.
KOHLER Cachet Nightlight Quiet-Close
KOHLER Cachet Nightlight Toilet SeatThis glow in the dark toilet seat by Kohler features a built-in nightlight on their best selling Cachet models. It has the same great quality and characteristics that have made Kohler a top name in toilets, including a comfortable seat and quiet close lid. The Nightlight toilet seat has two LED light displays that illuminate the toilet in a soft glow, so as not to disturb your night vision.
- Works on an automatic 7-hour nightlight illumination cycle – Push a button once to set, and there’s no need to think about it again.
- Operates on 4 AA batteries (purchase separately), which last up to 6 months.
- Available in both standard and elongated toilet seat sizes.
- Available in all of Kohler’s standard colors.
- Easy to install and to remove for cleaning.
- A small percentage of users feel that the light is not bright enough. This is a soft, subtle lighting solution, and if you are looking for something brighter you might prefer one of our other recommendations below.
Why We Like It
This lid features dual LED lighting that provide just the light you need when you need it. When the lid is down, a gentle guiding light is projected onto the toilet tank. When the lid is lifted, a task light illuminates the bowl. Just set it once and it will automatically activate at the same time every night. The quiet close lid is also great for preventing jarring slamming of the lid.
Glow in the Dark Neon Toilet Seat
glow in the dark neon toilet seatThis glow in the dark toilet seat charges up with any light source (sunlight or artificial light) and will continues to glow for up to 8+ hours. It comes in neon green or neon blue, and is available in standard or elongated seat sizes.
- Choose round or elongated size, and either neon blue or green.
- Elongated seat dimensions: 5″ long, 14.75″ wide, 1.5″ high – inside seat hole 11.75″ long, 8.4″ wide.
- Round seat dimensions: 16 3/8” long, 14.5″ wide, 1.5″ high – inside seat hole 10″ long, 8.5″ wide.
- Seat glows for up to 8 hours once it has been charged up by any light source.
- Made of consumer-safe photoluminescent acrylic plastic.
- This seat needs to be near a light source most of the day in order to glow at night. If your toilet is not near a window, you may find that it glows too dimly in the dark.
Some find that the photoluminescent surface of the seat looks dull and a bit cheap in daylight, and prefer to install it in a child’s bathroom or back toilet as opposed to the guest bathroom.
Why We Like It
This seat doesn’t require any batteries or electricity. If your toilet is near a window that gets lots of daylight, it will shine bright and you can save money on electricity.
Lavnav LED Sensor Motion Activated Toilet Nightlight
motion activated toilet nightlightA most economical solution is this motion sensor nightlight from GRDE. Instead of buying a special toilet seat, simply place this just over the toilet you already have. Adhere with included adhesive tape and insert 2 AA batteries (purchase separately), and it’s ready to go.
- Measures only approximately 3.7 x 3.2 x 0.7 inches.
- Can illuminate in green or red light.
- Dim light won’t startle you awake in the middle of the night.
- Use supplied adhesive tape to adhere to the inside of the seat lid as explained in supplied directions.
- Operates on 2 AA batteries.
- Works best when lid is left open. If you prefer to keep your toilet seat lid down, the motion activation may not work well.
Adhesive can get loose over time, risking it being dropped into the toilet. Adding some extra adhesive of your own can prevent this.
Why We Like It
This little light saves electricity by only turning on when needed, then it automatically turns off about 20 seconds after motion has stopped being detected. It doesn’t require an electrical outlet, and can be placed to shine just where and when you need it for safe and easy bathroom use at night. They’re the right size for a fun gift or stocking stuffer.
Glow in the Dark Pirate Toilet Seat Cover
glow in the dark pirate toilet seat coverAye Matey! This fun toilet seat cover from Seat Socks instantly transforms any toilet seat into a glow in the dark pirate theme. The perfect item for any pirate lover, the “seat sock” lid cover is decorated in skull and cross-swords and reads “Pirates. Beware.”. Design is printed and glowing on both sides so that it illuminates the way whether the lid is up or down.
- Stretch fabric toilet seat cover fits all lid sizes.
- Pirates Beware design appears on both the top and bottom of the lid, so it is clearly visible in both up or down positions.
- Fabric is durable and washable, and retains its glow through many washings.
- Easy to put on and remove.
- Some purchasers were expecting an entire toilet seat. Please note that this is a seat cover only.
Why We Like It
This is “scary” and festive lid cover is a fun way to light the way. No nightlight needed for buccaneers young and old. It fits all lid sizes, is washable, and easily adds a pirate theme to any bathroom at Halloween, for a special event, or everyday of the year.
Flipsit Glow In The Dark Toilet Seat Handle
Flipsit glow in the dark toilet seat handleDon’t like to have to touch the toilet seat to put it down or up? Then Flipsit is your answer. Once you’ve installed the Flipsit glow in the dark toilet seat handle, you’ll never need to touch the toilet seat again. It’s super easy to install and emits a gentle green glow for guiding the way at night.
- Never touch the toilet seat again.
- Antimicrobial material keeps germs at bay.
- Fits any toilet seat or lid.
- Easy to install – just peel and stick.
- Least expensive way to add glow in the dark visibility to your toilet.
- If the underside of your toilet seat is curved and not flat, the Flipsit may not be able to adhere or stay adhered properly.
The light emitted is enough to see the Flipsit itself, and does not fully illuminate the entire toilet. If you’re looking for more light, you may prefer one of our other recommendations.
Why We Like It
Super inexpensive sanitary solution for dealing with the toilet seat, with the added bonus of it glowing in the dark.
With a glow in the dark toilet seat solution there’s no more fumbling in the dark or not knowing if the seat is up or now. Everyone in the household will appreciate having a soft light in the bathroom at night to guide the way.