Body fat scales such as the Healthometer Professional Body Fat Scale take the act of simply weighing yourself to the next level.
In this review, we take you on a deep dive into 3 top-selling units by Health O Meter, Eat Smart, and Tanita to see how they compare. From body measurement essentials to advanced full-body monitoring and tracking, each of these models has something different for helping get to a healthier you.
Top picks : 3 Best Body Fat Scale
What is a Body Fat Scale?
By using bioelectrical impedance analysis, or BIA, these latest technology bathroom accessories are able to determine the amount of lean mass, water, and fat in your body. Together with other data, this can be invaluable and extremely motivating for athletes and anyone seeking to track muscle mass as well as manage their weight.
BIA works by sending a mild electrical signal from the metal plates you stand on up from under your feet through your body. Since muscle conducts electricity better than fat, this affects the amount of time that this takes.
Body fat scales then use formulas to determine body-fat percentages based on this resistance data along with other things such as height, weight, gender, and age.
5 Things to Know About Smart Scales Before Making a Purchase
Despite the fact that most smart scales come with their own tracking app, you may already be using one that you like. Then, you need to select a scale that works with the app you are using.
Each scale has a different weight capacity. You should consider your body type when choosing a scale.
Body composition is determined differently by each scale. You can decide what metrics are most important to you.
Wireless and Bluetooth connectivity is available on some smart scales, but not on others. Compared to Bluetooth, WiFi has a number of advantages.
Special Operational Modes
Some scales of the pregnancy mode may not require the use of bioelectrical impedance analysis for pregnant women or those wishing to become pregnant. A pacemaker may serve this purpose as well.
We evaluate the top-rated smart scales, compare prices, and read reviews of customers to see which one is the best.
7 Top Selling Body Fat Scale Reviews
1. Health O Meter Professional Body Fat Digital Scale
Like most body fat scales, this Health-o-Meter Body Fat Scale does more than measure body fat percentage. It also measures your BMI (body mass index), level of hydration, and even tells you your current weight versus your prior weigh-in. Using Health o Meter’s proprietary DCI+ technology, it even calculates your maximum daily caloric intake – everything you need to track basic body and nutrition health goals.
- Most accurate body fat scale weight up to 400 lbs, at .2 pound increments
- Stores information for up to 4 different users
- Measures body fat percentage, hydration level, and body mass index
- Tells you your weight at the last weigh-in, for immediate comparison and tracking
- Requires 4 AA batteries – included
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- The display is large and easy-to-read
- Easy to set up, and to turn off with the tap of a toe
- About 12% or reviewers say that the weight reading can be inconsistent or unreliable at times
- Turns off quickly, so be ready to get on as soon as you activate the scale
The Health o Meter Professional Body Fat Scale can be a good choice for those looking for a good quality body fat scale at a low price, and have 4 or fewer people who will be sharing it. But if you’re looking for a more robust set of features, then be sure to also consider the options below.
2. EatSmart Digital Body Fat Scale
The EatSmart Precision GetFit takes body fat scales to an even higher level and is another most accurate body fat scale on our list. In addition to quickly, easily, and consistently measuring body weight and fat, it also measures body water, body muscle, and bone mass using EatSmart’s proprietary ITO BIA technology.
- Measures body weight, body fat, body water, body muscle, and bone mass
- Stores and recognizes personal profile data for up to 8 different users
- Precisely measures up to 400lbs, at .2 pound increments
- Uses “Step-On” technology, requiring no tapping to turn on your scale
- Uses 4 included AA batteries
- Comes with a 100% EatSmart Guaranteed Product Satisfaction guaranty
- Has a technologically advanced and ultra user-friendly touch-screen interface
- Just stand on the platform barefoot and it turns on and identifies who you are based on your past weight
- Oversized 3.5″ LCD display Its sleek design and slim profile fits perfectly into any surrounding
- Less than 5% report inaccuracy or inconsistency in weighings.
With over 4000 customer reviews and a 4.7 star rating, this is the most highly rated and reviewed body fat scale available on Amazon.com. This is a great option for anyone, from everyday person to athlete. And with the ability to manage 8 profiles, it’s great for larger families or small teams as well.
3. Tanita Ironman Innerscan Body Composition Monitor
You can tell by the name that this is different animal from the body fat scales reviewed above. This unique scale by Tanita, aptly called a body Composition Monitor and not a body fat scale, adds extra features for the most serious of health and fitness enthusiasts.
- Measuring, tracking, and recall of weight, body fat, body water and muscle mass
- Also tracks basal metabolic rate (BMR), metabolic age, bone mass, visceral fat and rates your physique
- Tracks up to 4 individual profiles
- Backed by a 3-year Tanita warranty
- Extremely highly rated and reviewed by users
- One of the most comprehensive body monitors on the market today, previously only sold commercially to fitness clubs and medical professionals
- Has a 330 pound capacity, which a small percentage of reviewers found limiting
- Instruction manual is lacking, making it a bit challenging to get up and running with all of the functionality
While admittedly not for everyone, this robust and feature rich body monitor is an ideal choice for the serious athlete or health guru looking to take the highest control of monitoring and analyzing your overall fitness level and progress.
4. Withings Body Cardio – Premium Wi-Fi Body Composition Smart Scale
By Withings, the Body Cardio scale was created. It is the brand’s flagship product, unlike the Body model, which monitors weight and BMI. This supplement can increase your body fat, water content, muscle mass, and bone density by utilizing this supplement. You can also increase your standing heart rate when using Body Cardio.
The Withings Body Cardio can serve as an intelligent scale in many ways. Furthermore, you can monitor your fitness across multiple areas with a Withings fitness tracker.
One of our favorite smart scales is the Body Cardio since it provides helpful information and statistics, such as your weight gain or loss since your last weigh-in. It is more expensive than the others, but you may choose to buy a few items from it. The only criticism we have is the squiggly graphics on the mobile app.
Your heart health can now be tracked using vascular age metrics.
5. QardioBase2 WiFi Smart Scale
Featuring haptic feedback and emojis displayed on the device, the QardioBase 2 measures body composition stylishly and accurately. A single complaint is that the app does not fully utilize all of the information it collects, but most people will find it quite useful for their needs.
It is essential to measure weight, BMI, body fat %, muscle mass, and bone mass.
However, the price is the only disadvantage. QardioBase 2 costs the same as other manufacturers’ similar products for a considerably lower price.
6. FitTrack Dara Smart BMI Digital Scale
This scale offers a lot of value at a reasonable price. The device can measure 17 body composition variables, is FDA-approved, and is accurate. You must use the app and not the scale to read the rest of your metrics.
BMI measurements in the UK do not align with NHS recommendations.
Translucent glass is available in black and white for the scale. Plugging it in would not be able to recharge it because it is powered by AAA batteries.
7. EUFY by Anker, Smart Scale
You can track your basic metrics, sync the app with your iPhone and iPad, and cover the entire family with a smart scale like this.
It has some advantages over some of Eufy’s cheaper devices, like the BodySense, even though it’s more expensive. It’s not like you’ll be missing out on much with these measurements – your weight and body mass index are fine, but they provide no real insight into how your body works or what you weigh.
This scale measures weight, body fat percentage, body mass index, bone and water mass, body mass ratio, and visceral fat. Most people will not be bothered by the lack of Wi-Fi, rechargeable batteries, and carpet support.
Getting The Most Accurate Measurements from Your Body Fat Scale
No matter which model of body scale you use, it’s important to note that your body fat measurement can vary dramatically based on things as innocent a having a small glass of water before you weigh yourself. To get the most accurate body fat scale reading, you’ll want to:
- Weigh yourself daily
- Weigh yourself at the same time of day each day
- Don’t weigh yourself within 3 hours of eating or drinking anything
- Empty your bladder before stepping on the scale
Developing the habit to weigh in the first thing each morning works well for many people, and provides a reliable measure of progress over time.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT BODY-FAT SCALE?
Are you looking for an accurate body fat scale? Consider the following factors:
Each manufacturer provides a different level of accuracy. An exhaustive study of this component of the product is the only way to ensure its accuracy. The product only predicts your body fat percentage, not guaranteed accurate.
Despite being the most accurate, body fat scales are also the most expensive, so you should set a budget before you buy any equipment.
The best body fat scales will also display your BMI and muscle mass along with your percentage of body fat. It is important to have as much information as possible, as it will help you to become more aware of your body weight and general health, which can be beneficial when trying to lose weight, gain muscle or maintain a set weight.
For more useful articles and reviews about accessories, fixtures, and storage solutions for your bathroom, visit our site at showerfeed.com.